CANON EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT NOW AVAILABLE AT RITZ ONLINE A-DIGITAL-EYE (21ST CENTURY DIGITAL CAMERAS, PHOTO PRINTERS, PAPERS, CAMCORDERS, IMAGING SOFTWARE, DIGITAL EQUIPMENT, REVIEWS AND MORE!) LAST UPDATED THURSDAY 02/24/05 AT 06:00 AM PST PMA 2005 SPECIAL COVERAGE PAGE LIVE FROM ORLANDO, FLORIDA FEBRUARY 19 - 23, 2005 WELCOME TO A-DIGITAL-EYE'S SIXTH ANNUAL PHOTO MARKETING ASSOCIATION (PMA) 2005 LIVE COVERAGE! COMING NEXT OUR TOP 25 NEW PRODUCTS AT PMA 2005 LATEST PMA NEWS BRIEFS & PRESS RELEASES LINK PMA 2005 SHOW COVERAGE BLOG ORANGE COUNTY COVENTION CENTER IN ORLANDO - SITE OF THE 2005 & 2006 PMA SHOWS MAJOR/BREAKING NEWS STORIES
PMA 2005 PHOTO GALLERIES POSTED (02/20/05 - 02/23/05)
In an amazing feat of being two places at one time, we have managed to post some of our initial photos taken on our visit this year to Orlando for PMA 2005. In our first gallery we have pictures of the new HP 9 Ink Pro Photo Printer, The all black Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, Canons newest portable PIXMA printer, the Konica Minolta X50, the new tiny Fuji FinePix Z1 also looking great in black, and their portable printer. Check out our same day coverage of PMA 2005, with LOTS more to come. In our Second PMA 2005 Gallery we have coverage of the very interesting new compact Samsung DuoCam which has a 5.25 Megapixel Still Camera AND a Mini DV Camcorder in one. You have to see this one to believe it. And we can even top that one with the Samsung Sports Camera which has a small camera lens you can attach to your body and connect it to the very small camcorder for Action Videos! We have a great set of shots showing you what its all about, along with the Samsung Press Releases. We actually got to handle these products and so far the two Samsung are near the top of our list for most interesting. We cannot wait to see how they perform when they ship in April, both at a price of $599. Come check out our Galleries, and see what is on display at PMA 2005! As mentioned above we have just added Gallery 3 Monday afternoon. It features some highlights from the Olympus Booth, a Unique Printer using a modified Epson 2200 and a new product from Wacom. Check out our PMA 2005 Photo Coverage. In addition, we have just added our PMA 2005 Photo Gallery 4 which shows the convention center and some of the main booths including Fuji, Canon, Nikon and SanDisk as well as some images of the new SanDisk SD Plus which is both a memory card for in-camera use and a USB Storage/Transfer unit in one! Come check out our photo coverage of PMA 2005! And just added here early Tuesday Morning in Photo Gallery 5 is coverage from Monday afternoon including Photos of a new 4.0 Megapixel camera by Minox of Germany. It can be used with a nice flash attachment and flash unit making it a great looking system. We also cover several other booths including the new ImageLink Display which is a new standard agreed by many major Digital Camera Companies allowing cameras and printers to work together, with one touch commands and even without a computer. Go check out our latest Photo Gallery 5 with several more going up all day Tuesday! And as indicated we have just added Photo Gallery 6 Tuesday at 1:00 PM EST which shows our PANASONIC Booth Coverage. Panasonic announced some innovative cameras with 5 Megapixels, 6X Zoom, Large LCD Screens, and most new cameras have the Panasonic Image Stabilizer System. Come Check out the Panasonic Products on Display at the Panasonic Booth at this years PMA 2005 in Orlando. And just added Tuesday night check out our coverage of the return of Rollei Cameras of Germany. They have a whole new line of digital cameras on display at PMA 2005 and we have coverage of their new products at the show!
PMA 2005 PHOTO GALLERY 1 PMA 2005 PHOTO GALLERY 2 PMA 2005 PHOTO GALLERY 3 PMA 2005 PHOTO GALLERY 4 PMA 2005 PHOTO GALLERY 5 PMA 2005 PHOTO GALLERY 6 PMA 2005 PHOTO GALLERY 7
HP INTRODUCES NEW CAMERAS & PRO LEVEL PRINTER AT PMA 2005
HP has introduced several new cameras and a really nice looking 9 ink professional level Photo Printer at PMA 2005. The HP Photosmart R717 camera is a new 6.2 megapixel camera with HP's Instant Share feature (allows you to designate in camera where to send photos such as printers or e-mail recipients upon PC connection), adaptive lighting technology, in-camera red-eye removal, HP image advice, a 1.8 inch LCD, 3X optical zoom, 32MB of internal memory, uses SD cards and it has 12 shooting modes. It is PictBridge compatible and has USB 2.0 connectivity. It will ship in the Spring 2005 at a price of $299. The affordable $149 HP Photosmart M22 is a 4 megapixel camera with a fixed lens (no optical zoom) and a 6X digital zoom which also has the Instant Share, the adaptive lighting technology, in camera red-eye removal, in-camera panorama assist and preview, the HP Image Advice, a 1.5 inch LCD, and comes in an all weather-resistant metal case small enough to fit in a pocket. It has 16 megabytes of Internal Memory and also uses SD memory cards. It is compatible with an Optional HP Photosmart M-Series dock which sends images to a computer and recharges the batteries (two AA). HP has also introduced the new 4 megapixel HP Photosmart M23 digital camera. The M23 also features the Instant Share technology found in the other HP cameras as well as the HP Real Life technologies including adaptive lighting, in camera red-eye removal, in camera panorama assist, HP Image Advice, a weather resistant all metal bronze case, small pocket size, multi-zone auto focus, 7X digital zoom (no optical zoom), 16 MB of internal memory, USB 2.0, PictBridge Compatible Printing, SD Memory Cards Used, Uses AA batteries, has Video Capture with Audio, and it is compatible with the M-series dock. It will ship this Spring at a price of $169. The HP Photosmart M417 Digital Camera is a 5.2 Megapixel camera with a 3X optical zoom and has a nice ergonomic grip along with an intuitive button layout. It share all of the main features of the other cameras, and has a 1.8 inch LCD screen and 16 MB of internal memory. It uses an M-Series optional camera dock which allows the HP Instant Share to function while connected to a PC. It will ship in the spring at a price of $199. The new HP Photosmart 8750 is an interesting new Pro Level Photo Printer with 9 ink colors. It can print up to 13 by 19 inch prints and has an ethernet port for Wi-Fi wireless printing or direct printing by use of the media slots on the front. This is a nice but fairly big printer we have now seen up close, the results are excellent. It has 4,800 x 1,200-optimized dpi color when printing from a computer and 1200 direct input dpi. It will go on sale in April at a price of $499. Finally, at least for the major digital imaging products, HP has new 4 by 8 inch HP Premium Photo Cards for use on special occasions. It comes with HP Design Studio software which has over 100 designs and easy to personalize templates including birthday, wedding, mother's day, Valentine's Day, Holiday and other important event/occasions. The Photo cards will come in packs of 40 at a price of $14.99. All in all not bad for a Carley less HP. Here are links to the press documents HP provided us.
- HP ANNOUNCES NEW DIGITAL IMAGING PRODUCTS FOR PMA 2005
- PRECLICK PHOTO ORGANIZER WITH HP IMAGING & PRINTING POWER
- HP'S INTRODUCES 6.2 MEGAPIXEL PHOTOSMART R717 AT PMA 2005
- HP PHOTOSMART M22 WITH 4 MEGAPIXELS & 6X DIGITAL ZOOM
- HP PHOTOSMART 4 MEGAPIXEL M23 DC WITH INSTANT SHARE SHOWN AT PMA
- HP PHOTOSMART M417 MODEL WITH 5.2 MB CCD & 3X OPTICAL ZOOM
- HP PHOTOSMART 8750 PRO PHOTO PRINTER WITH 9 INK COLORS
- HP PREMIUM PHOTO CARDS, 4 BY 8 INCH FOR SPCECIAL OCCASIONS
EPSON ANNOUNCES 2 NEW PRINTERS, STORYTELLER PHOTO BOOK CREATOR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH SPRINT
Epson announced the new Stylus Photo R1800 printer with an amazing small 1.5 picoliter ink droplet volume with the ability to print 13 by 19 prints and a new all in one computerless Stylus Photo RX620 for $299. In addition they have their new StoryTeller Photo RX620 software which allows users to make a hard book photo album. Finally, Epson has entered a partnership with Sprint to allow printing of Cell Phone images.
- EPSON SHOWS NEW STYLUS PHOTO R1800 PHOTO PRINTER AT PMA 2005
- EPSON & SPRINT LAUNCH PRINT AT HOME FEATURE AT PMA 2005
- EPSON ANNOUNCES STORYTELLER PHOTO (HARD) BOOK CREATOR
- EPSON ANNOUNCES NEW STYLUS PHOTO RX620 COMPUTER FREE PRINTER
KONICA MINOLTA MAKES PMA 2005 ANNOUNCEMENTS
Konica Minolta was about the first major digital camera company to announce new products for PMA 2005 starting in late January a full 3 weeks before the show. Since then they have also announced Updates to their Dimage Master Imaging Software and a new Free Trial of it. Here are links to their new products being shown at PMA 2005. The new Cameras include the Dimage Z5, a compact high-performance 5.0 megapixel camera with 12X optical zoom, CCD-Shift Anti-Shake System, Rapid AutoFocus and a 2.0 inch LCD. The New Z20 is also a 5 megapixel camera with an 8X Optical MegaZoom
- KONICA MINOLTA UPDATES DIMAGE MASTER IMAGING SOFTWARE
- KONICA MINOLTA RELEASE FREE TRIAL OF DIMAGE MASTER SOFTWARE
- KONICA MINOLTA INTRODUCES NEW DIMAGE Z5 AT PMA 2005
- KONICA MINOLTA INTRODUCES SPEEDY NEW DIMAGE Z20 AT PMA 2005
- LEXAR ANNOUNCES NEW FLASH MEDIA PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES AT PMA 2005 (02/20/05)
- Lexar has made a number of announcemts today just prior to the opening of the PMA 2005 TradeShow. These include information about a new Website designed to instruct and educate digital photographers, New Platinum Series Cards which are rated at 40X, and a new lineup of expanded Pro Series Flash Memory Cards that now reach 8 Gigabytes! Finally, Lexar has announced that it is teaming up with Digital Railroad (an online service esp. for professional photographers aimed to help manage, market and sell their images to photo buyers worldwide) to allow quicker and more efficient distribution of photos that are tagged with important information such as copyrights etc...using Lexar's Active Memory Systems technology which includes Lexar AMS-enabled flash memory cards, card readers and Photo Mechanic from Camera Bits. Here are links to the major Digital Imaging Press Releases made by Lexar today in Orlando.
- LEXAR TEAMS WITH DIGITAL RAILROAD ONLINE SERVICE USING ACTIVE MEMORY SYSTEM
- LEXAR UNVEILS WEBSITE DESIGNED TO EDUCATE PHOTOGRAPHERS
- LEXAR ANNOUNCES PLATINUM SERIES CARDS SPEED-RATED AT 40X
- LEXAR EXPANDS PRO SERIES FLASH MEMORY CARDS & ACCESSORIES
- LEXAR ANNOUNCES LOCKTIGHT COMPACTFLASH IMAGE SECURITY AT PMA
PANASONIC ANNOUNCES 5 NEW LUMIX CAMERAS FOR PMA 2005 (02/20/05)
Panasonic is introducing today at PMA 2005 their lineup of 5 new Lumix cameras. Several feature a new 6X Optical Zoom Lens and they offer MEGA O.I.S. Optical Image Stabilization. The Lumix DMC-LZ5 is a very advanced camera with a huge 12X Optical Zoom lens with the O.I.S. Here is a brief summary of the new Panasonic Cameras, with links further below to the Press Releases and Product Photos.
The 4-megapixel DMC-LZ1 (silver) and 5-megapixel DMC-LZ2 (black) Lumix cameras feature a DC VARIO lens with 6x optical zoom (equivalent to 37mm to 222mm on a 35mm film camera lens), with capability of up to 24x magnification when combined with the 4x digital zoom, and MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) to automatically detect and optically compensate for hand movement. They also feature a large 2.0 inch LCD and 14 megabytes of built-in memory.
The 5-megapixel Lumix DMC-LZ2 features a DC VARIO lens with 6x optical zoom (equivalent to 37mm to 222mm on a 35mm film camera lens), with capability of up to 24x magnification when combined with the 4x digital zoom, and MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer). Panasonic?s MEGA Optical Image Stabilizer automatically detects and optically compensates for hand movement.
The Lumix DMC-FZ5 digital still camera with MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) offers 5.0-megapixel resolution and incorporates a newly developed 12x optical zoom equivalent to 36mm to 432mm on a 35mm film camera lens. The remarkable 12x optical zoom combined with 4x digital zoom magnifies images by as much as 48x, enabling users to capture images of subjects at longer distances. The camera features a high-performance LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens.
Lumix DMC-LS1 offers 4-megapixel resolution and 3x optical zoom, MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer), 14 megabytes of built-in memory.
- PANASONIC ANNOUNCES $229 DMC-LC1 WITH IMAGE STABILIZATION
- PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-LZ1/LZ2 CAMERAS FEATURE BUILT-IN MEMORY
- PANASONIC INTRODUCES NEW LUMIX DMC-FZ5 & FZ4 CAMERAS AT PMA
- PANASONIC TO PROVIDE ONLINE PHOTO SERVICES BY SHUTTERFLY
SONY ANNOUNCES ITS LINEUP OF NEW DIGITAL IMAGING PRODUCTS AT PMA 2005 (02/19/05)
Sony has announced its full lineup of new digital imaging product for the 2005 PMA show here in Orlando at a special Press Event we are attending. We previously have participated in a detailed briefing of these new products and we have some of the highlights which were embargoed until now. Further information will be posted soon so stay tuned.
CYBER-SHOT DSC-H1 - The DSC-H1 is a 5.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD (1/2.7 inch) with a huge 12X Optical Zoom lens with built-in Super SteadyShot Optical Image Stabilization which operates with the zoom in the MPEG VGA MOVIE MODE at 30 fps! This is a major announcement for Sony, who pioneered the concept of Optical Image Stabilization in their Camcorder Products. Other features include a 2X Digital Zoom capability, for a total 24X Zoom Range. In addition, the H1 has Sony's Smart Zoom allowing it to reach a total of 48X Zoom in VGA quality! Real Imaging Processing is now standard on all of Sony's new lineup of cameras, which not only improves picture quality, but it will allow the new cameras including the H1 to operate much faster, with better white balance, longer battery life, and faster shutter lag. Another major addition to the H1 camera is the inclusion of the larger 2.5 inch LCD screen with 115K resolution. This comes in handy as the H1 also has a Live Histogram Display which provides the concentration of pixels at each luminosity value making it more precise to evaluate the right exposure at any given lighting situation. Sony also includes their 14 bit DXP Analog to Digital Conversion which captures the range between highlights and shadows up to 16,384 values that gives extended dynamic contrast and detail according to Sony. The H1 does include the 5 Area Multi-Point Auto Focus, Manual Exposure Controls including 46 adjustable shutter speeds and an aperture range from F2.8 to F8, Auto Focus Illuminator for focus lock in low lighting, Selectable Auto Focus, Multi-Pattern Measuring from 49 points for optimal metering of the exposure settings, 7 Scene Modes, Pre-Flash Metering and Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Shutter Noise Reduction using a Dark Frame subtraction, Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro Capable with 32 MB of Internal Memory which is somewhat new in this level of camera for Sony, a 9 shot burst mode (100 in VGA), and a 16 frame 320 by 240 capture mode at 1/7, 1/15 and 1/30 second in a single 1280 by 960 frame. The MPEG movie mode capture 640 by 480 frames at 30 frames per second in MPEG 1 movie compression with sound. The H1 will work with conversion tele and wide angle lenses and it is PictBridge Compatible. It also has a 3:2 Aspect Ratio Mode, adjustable saturation and contrast settings, clear color clear luminance NR and supports USB 2.0 data transfer.
CYBER-SHOT DSC-S90 - This is a compact 4.1 Megapixel CCD (1/2.7 inch) camera with a 3X optical zoom lens and a 2X digital zoom for a total 6X zoom range and with the 10X Smart Zoom feature you can reach 10X more in VGA resolution. It features a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens, Real Imaging Processing, an Optical Viewfinder, a 2.5 inch LCD screen, 14 Bit DXP A/D Conversion, 5 Area Multi-Point Focus, Manual Exposure Mode (46 shutter, 2-step Aperture), Auto Focus Illuminator, Selectable Manual Focus, Multi-Pattern Measuring, 7 Scene Modes, Pre-Flash Metering, Slow Shutter Speed Noise Reduction, use of MS and MS Pro cards, 32 bits of internal memory, 4 burst shot mode, MPEG Movie VX Standard and Fine mode (up to 640 by 480 at 30 FPS), Conversion Lens Compatible, use of rechargeable AA NiMH Batteries and is Cyber-Shot Station Dock Compatible.
CYBER-SHOT DSC-S60 - This is also a compact 4.1 Megapixel Camera with a 3X optical zoom, 2X digital zoom and 10X Smart Zoom. It features a Carl Zeiss Lens, Real Imaging Processing, Optical Viewfinder, 2.0 inch LCD (115K), 14 Bit DXP A/D Conversion, 5 Area Multi-Point Auto Focus, Manual Exposure Mode, Auto Focus Illuminator, Selectable Focus Mode, Multi-Pattern Measuring, 7 Scene Modes, Pre-Flash Metering, Slow Shutter Noise Reduction, MS and MS Pro card compatible, 32 MB of Internal Memory, 4 Shot, Burst Mode MPEG VX Standard and Fine Movie Modes, Conversion Lens Compatible with a VAD-PEB adaptor and it is Cyber-Shot Station Dock Compatible.
CYBER-SHOT DSC-S40 -The DSC-40 is a small point and shoot style 4.1 Megapixel CCD camera with a 3X optical zoom lens and 2X Digital Zoom. It shares most of the same features as the DSC-60 but has a 1.5 inch LCD screen, a smaller body, 4 shot burst mode and includes a Playback Zoom, Trim and Resize feature.
CYBER-SHOT DSC-W7 - The W7 is a 7.1 Megapixel CCD (1/1.8 inch) Camera with many of the same features. It has a 3X optical zoom, 2X Digital zoom, Carl Zeiss Lens, Real Imaging Processor, 2.5 inch LCD monitor, Live Histogram, 14 bit A/D processing, 5 Area Multi-Point Auto Focus, Manual Exposure Mode, Auto Focus Illuminator, Selectable Focus Mode, 32 Megabytes of Internal Memory, 5 shot Burst Mode, and MPEG Movie VX Standard and Fine Mode with audio.
CYBER-SHOT DSC-W5 - Same as above but with a 5.1 Megapixel CCD.
- SONY CYBERSHOT DSC-H1 PRESS RELEASE, PRODUCT PHOTOS and SPECIFICATIONS
- SONY PRESS RELEASE, PHOTOS & SPECIFICATIONS FOR DSC-S40, DSC-S60 & DSC-S90
- SONY PRESS RELEASE, PRODUCT PHOTOS & SPECIFICATIONS FOR DSC-W5 & DSC-W7
- SONY IMAGESTATION TEAMS WITH RITZ TO OFFER IN-STORE PICK-UP
- SONY ANNOUNCES HIGHER CAPACITY & FASTER MS PRO DUO MEDIA
- SONY'S NEW HYBRID LITHIUM ION BATTERY OFFER 30% MORE POWER
- SONY OFFERS ADVANCED FEATURES IN NEW DPP-FP50 HOME PRINTER
KODAK MAKES PMA 2005 ANNOUNCEMENTS (02/19/05
Kodak has made their announcements for the 2005 PMA show, including the new EasyShare Z7590 & Z730 Cameras as well 2 new compact entry-level C-Series cameras. The Z7590 camera is a 5 megapixel camera with a 10X optical zoom lens that will sell for $449. The Z730 is a 5 Megapixel camera with 4X optical zoom selling for $349. The EasyShare C300 is a 3 Megapixel camera with a fixed lens (no optical zoom) selling for $99, and the EasyShare C340 has 5 megapixels and a 3X optical zoom lens selling at $249. See the links below for details and photos. Kodak also announced its intentions to continue with its Wireless plans first announced at CES last month. Kodak is showing the Wi-Fi card and a new Wireless Printer that also uses the same card the camera requires for making prints via Wi-Fi without need of a computer or a cable. In other news Kodak is moving forward with plans to have entire chains of Retail stores interact with their Online Printing Service (formally called Ofoto). This will include the ability to upload pictures to their Gallery Site either from a PC or Wirelessly from their new Wi-Fi camera and then pick up the ordered prints at a local retail partner store right away! This is a trend we are seeing with all the companies in linking up with Online printing services and Local retail pickup of prints. Here are the main Digital Imaging Announcements with some Product Photos made by Kodak at PMA 2005.
- KODAK ANNOUNCES 2 NEW EASYSHARE C-SERIES CAMERAS AT PMA
- KODAK ANNOUNCES NEW EASYSHARE Z7590 & Z730 CAMERAS AT PMA 2005
- KODAK HIGHLIGHTS NEW WIRELESS ENABLED PRODUCTS AT PMA 2005
- KODAK OFFERS RETAIL PHOTO PICKUP OF UPLOADED EASYSHARE PIXS
- IMAGELINK CONSUMER WEB SITE CREATED FOR NEW PRINT SYSTEM
- KODAK EXPANDS INNOVATIVE PICTURE PRINTING OFFERINGS
SANDISK ANNOUNCES PRODUCTS FOR PMA 2005 (02/19/05)
SanDisk has made their announcements for PMA 2005 on the day before the show opens, early Saturday morning. SanDisk is officially unveiling their Ultra II SD Plus cards which include a unique design allowing the card to be taken out of the camera and plugged directly in to a USB 2.0 Port for immediate transfer of images. This card was announced at CES last month but not shown. Finally, we get to see a final version here at PMA, and it is a very interesting concept which we think may become quite popular. SanDisk also has their inexpensive line of Compact Flash Cards, which they now have expanded to the size of 128 MB at a price of just 19.99. Finally, for you Sony fans, SanDisk is announcing the first 2 Gigabyte Memory Stick Pro Duo Card. This card would work great in the new Sony M1 which records MPEG4 Video, allowing almost 2 hours to full resolution video capture on a 5 megapixel camera. Here are links to the SanDisk Announcements.
- SANDISK INTRODUCES 128 MB SHOOT AND STORE CF CARDS AT $19.99
- SANDISK ANNOUNCES 1ST 2 GIGABYTE MEMORY STICK PRO DUO CARD
- SANDISK INTRODUCES ULTRA II SD PLUS W/ BUILT-IN USB CONNECT
CONCORD MAKES STRONG SHOWING OF AFFORDABLE YET FEATURE RICH CAMERAS AT PMA 2005
Concord has made a number of major press announcements at PMA 2005 including annoucement of a very small 5 megapixel camera at a price under $100 dollars, and several other models that are under $100. Concord will bring to market later this year a nice looking compact point and shoot 8 megapixel camera! Concord has entered a arrangement with Source Interlink to distribute the Concord lineup of affordable cameras and they appear to be very aggressive in the developing price wars that are driving down the costs of digital cameras so that the masses can finally afford them! Here are some of the very interesting annoucements with product photos from Concord!
- CONCORD ANNOUNCES NEW "IMPULSE BUY" CAMERAS FOR UNDER $100
- CONCORD ANNOUNCES NEW EASYSHARE LINE OF DIGITAL CAMERAS
- CONCORD ANNOUNCES SUB $100 TINY 5 MEGAPIXEL DIGITAL CAMERA!
- CONCORD SIGNS DISTRIBUTION CONTRACT W/SOURCE INTERLINK
- CONCORD 3346z WINS DIMA AWARD FOR BEST CAMERA UNDER $100
- OLYMPUS & CANON ANNOUNCE THEIR LINEUPS OF NEW PRODUCTS FOR PMA 2005 (02/17/05)
- Olympus and Canon are announcing today their full lineup of new products which will be introduced at the upcoming PMA 2005 Tradeshow starting this weekend (February 19, 2005) in Orlando. We have all of the details of these new Olympus & Canon Digital Imaging Products at the links below, including the official press releases, specifications and product photos. Here is a brief summary of the new products.
- Expanding its popular and very stylish 4 megapixel multi-colored Verve Series, Olympus is adding a new 5 megapixel model in Black called the Stylus Verve S. This camera is weather proof, lightweight and very small (see picture above). The Stylus Verve S also adds new features such as a calendar, album function and a histogram for enhanced usability. The 1.8-inch HyperCrystal LCD delivers a very bright, clear, high contrast image and 160-degree angle of view. The Verve S goes on sale in April at a price of $349. Olympus is also introducing today a new compact 5 megapixel camera, the D-630 which features a 3X optical zoom lens, a 2.0 inch LCD screen, a light weight of just 4.4 ounces, at a price of $299. The D-595 is a compact point and shoot style camera with 5 megapixels, a 3X optical zoom lens, uses 2 AA batteries, and it has 19 pre-set scene modes, coming in at a price of $279. The D-545 is a similar point and shoot style camera with 4 megapixels. Olympus is adding a new IR-300 Digital Camera to its Total Imaging Solution set of products. New 5.0-Megapixel Digital Camera Added to Total Imaging Solution. The IR-300 with an ultra-slim 0.87-inch thick durable die-cast magnesium body. It also features a 2-inch anti-glare LCD for viewing even in bright sunlight, 5.0-megapixels, a 3x optical zoom lens (f3.3 - f4.0, 38mm - 114mm equivalent), and 12x total combined optical-digital zoom. In addition to the 5 new cameras mentioned above Olympus is also introducing the portable S-HD-100 which is a 40 Gigabyte mini-Hard Drive which connects with the camera to allow back up of images off of memory cards while away from your PC. If that is not enough for you Olympus has a new DVD/CD portable burner that will work with its cameras to allow making DVD disks while away from a PC. The new S-DVD-100 can be directly connected to Olympus cameras for storing and sharing images on DVDs. Included in the Total Imaging Solution is the portable Olympus - S100 Printer. "The IR-300 or IR-500 connects directly to the P-S100, a new dye-sublimation photo printer designed to work with or without any connection to a computer, for instant printing. It prints 4 x 6-inch photo lab quality prints in 88 seconds (approx.). The P-S100 is compact, sleek, and measures a mere 6.6in. (W) x 2.8in. (H) x 5.7in. (D), and weighs just 35.4 ounces printer, which also works without need for a PC connection. Olympus also has new underwater housing for the E-300 DSLR as well as the C-7070 and Stylus 500 cameras." Finally, Olympus has announced new lens for the E-Series cameras. Be sure to check out all the details using the links below!
- OLYMPUS ANNOUNCES NEW TINY 5 MEGAPIXEL STYLUS VERVE S CAMERA (02/17/05)
- OLYMPUS ANNOUNCES COMPACT D-630 DIGITAL 5 MB CAMERA (02/17/05)
- OLYMPUS ANNOUNCES NEW INEXPENSIVE CONSUMER D-595 DIGITAL CAMERA (02/17/05)
- OLYMPUS ANNOUNCES NEW LOWER COST CONSUMER D-545 DIGITAL CAMERA (02/17/05)
- OLYMPUS ADDS IR-300 DIGITAL CAMERA, 40GP MINI-HARD DRIVE, PRINTER AND NEW PORTABLE DVD/CD READER/WRITER TO ITS TOTAL IMAGING SOLUTION (02/17/05)
- OLYMPUS INTRODUCES NEW UNDERWATER HOUSINGS FOR STYLUS 500 AND C-7070 WIDE ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERAS (02/17/05)
- OLYMPUS INTRODUCES NEW UNDERWATER HOUSINGS FOR EVOLT E-300 DIGITAL SLR, ZUIKO DIGITAL SPECIFIC LENSES, AND FL-36 FLASH (02/17/05)
- OLYMPUS ANNOUNCES THE WORLD'S FASTEST FIXED APERTURE ZOOM LENSES EVER DESIGNED FOR DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY (02/17/05)
- OLYMPUS ANNOUNCES ONE GIG xD PICTURE CARD & MOBILE READER (02/15/05)
- Canon has also announced their new products today for the PMA Trade Show. Highlights include a new 8 Megapixel Digital Rebel XT which is full of features missing in the original Digital Rebel, and now in Black or Silver Colors. The new Digital Rebel XT will sell at just $899 without the lens. In addition the original Digital Rebel will sell for $799 with a Kit lens and $699 for just the camera body! WOW!! Canon also has a new 60mm MACRO lens for their Digital SLR cameras and a new wireless remote which will also assist greatly when taking certain macro shots. Canon is announcing a total of 14 new products for PMA 2005, which includes the recently announced A510 (3 Megapixel, 4X optical zoom lens, 2AA batteries, smaller, full manual controls AT JUST $199) and A520 cameras (same as A510 but with 4 Megapixels and a price of $299), portable printers, and new PIXMA printer and new Powershot ELPH SD 500 (a new COMPACT 7.1 CCD Camera) and SD 400 ( a 5 Megapixel camera) models. For full details see the links below.
- CANON ANNOUNCES NEW POWERSHOT SD500 & SD400 CAMERAS (02/17/05)
- CANON ANNOUNCES 14 NEW PRODUCTS FOR PMA 2005 TRADE SHOW (02/17/05)
- CANON ANNOUNCES NEW 8 MEGAPIXEL DIGITAL REBEL XT DSLR AT $899 (02/17/05)
- CANON ADDS EF-S 60 f/2.8 MACRO LENS & WIRELESS CONTROLLER (02/17/05)
- CANON'S NEW COMPACT PHOTO PRINTER SELPHY CP600 ANNOUNCED (02/17/05)
- CANON ADDS NEW POWERSHOT A510 WITH 4X OPTICAL ZOOM AT $199)
- CANON ANNOUNCES NEW 4 MEGAPIXEL POWERSHOT A520 AT $299.99
- CANON'S NEW PIXMA MP760 PHOTO ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER (02/17/05)
NIKON PMA 2005 PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENTS
Nikon has made a number of new product announcements for PMA 2005. The new D2Hs is an improved version of the 4 Megapixel D2H, but now incorporating several new features recently offered in the newly shipping D2X. Nikon also offers several new Mid-Range Coolpix cameras, the 5900 and the 7 megapixel 7900. Finally, Nikon announces some very inexpensive entry level cameras which are quite capable of getting very good results. Here are links to the Nikon Announcements.
- NIKON INTEGRATES IDENTIX FACEIT FOCUS TECH IN NEW COOLPIXS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NEW ENHANCED D2Hs PRO DSLR CAMERA (02/16/05)
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NEW COOLPIX 5900 & 7900 COMPACT CAMERAS (02/16/05)
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NEW FEATURE FILLED ENTRY LEVEL CAMERAS (02/16/05)
- FUJI ANNOUNCES 4 NEW CAMERAS FOR PMA 2005 SHOW (02/08/05)
- Fuji is announcing 4 new cameras for the upcoming PMA 2005 Trade Show which starts February 19, 2005 in Orlando. Included in the new cameras is the really nice looking 5 Megapixel, 5th Generation Super CCD FinePix Z1 in Black with a non-extruding 3X optical zoom lens. (See photo above). The Z1 has several very interesting new features including an improved ability to take shots in low light, better flash coverage, and at higher ISO speeds with lower noise results. Fuji is also announcing the new FinePix F10 which is a 6.3 megapixel new generation SuperCCD camera with a 3X optical zoom and many of the same innovative features found on the Z1. Fuji has added a new large 2.5 inch LCD screen, faster operations, and improved battery life in the Z1 and F10 cameras. Fuji also introduces 2 new A series cameras for those starting out with pretty impressive features at very low prices. Check out the full details of these new Fuji cameras at the links below including the official press releases, specification and product photos.
- FUJI ANNOUNCES NEW ULTRA-COMPACT FINEPIX Z1 (02/08/05)
- FUJI ANNOUNCES NEW COMPACT FINEPIX F10 (02/08/05)
- FUJI ANNOUNCES NEW AFFORDABLE FINEPIX A SERIES MODELS (02/08/05)
CASIO SHOWS NEW LINEUP AT PMA 2005
Casio had several new cameras at CES last month and in the 6 weeks until PMA they announced several more. Casio is showing at PMA their new EX-Z750 and Z57 cameras along with the new compact 6 megapixel QV-R62. They also have a new 5 megapixel Pro-P505 which features a nice 5X zoom lens. Finally, Casio is showing their new 7 megapixel Exilim Pro EX-P700 which has a 4X optical zoom lens. Here are links to their press releases for full details.
- CASIO ANNOUNCES NEW EX-Z750 & Z57 CONSUMER DIGITAL CAMERA
- CASIO SHOWS NEW COMPACT 6 MP QV-R62 AT PMA 2005
- CASIO SHOWS NEW 5MP & 5X ZOOM EXILIM PRO-P505 AT PMA 2005
- CASIO SHOWCASES THE 7 MEGAPIXEL EXILIM PRO EX-P700 WITH 4X OPTICAL ZOOM AT PMA 2005
OTHER PMA 2005 PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENTS (LINKS DIRECTLY TO POSTED NEWS)
ARCHOS ANNOUNCES 1ST 100 GIGABYTE PORTABLE PHOTO STORAGE/PLAYER
CAMERABRIGHT ANNOUNCES NEW X1-W & X1ER LIGHT ACCESSORIES
CEA PREDICTS STRONGER SALES OF DIGITAL CAMERAS & FLASH MEMORY
DELKIN INTRODUCES SD-XTRA CARD WITH BUILT-IN USB 2.0 CONNECT
DELKIN ANNOUNCES NEW 32-BIT PCMCIA CARDBUS ADAPTERS AT $49
DXG USA PARTNERS WITH NEWSOFT TO PROVIDE PRESTO SOFTWARE
DxO LABS INTRODUCES DxO LIGHTING & DxO NOISE TECHNOLOGIES
INTERVIDEO DEMOS SOFTWARE TO STABILIZE DIGICAM VIDEO AT PMA
JVC LAUNCHES HARD DRIVE BASED CAMCORDER & 5 MP PHOTOS
JVC's NEW GR-X5 3 CCD MINI-CAMCORDER HAS 5 MP STILL RESULTS
MEADGEAR EXHIBIT FLASH-HD TO GO IN 20, 40 & 60 GB AT PMA
NOKIA ANNOUNCES SMARTPHONE WITH 1.3 MEGAPIXEL CAMERA AT PMA
NORAZZA ANNOUNCES CD/DVD ONE BUTTON DUPLICATOR AT PMA
PENTAX TO UNVEIL DIGITAL ZOOM LENS AT PMA 2005
PHOTOCHANNEL SHOWS NEW TECHNOLOGY & SERVICES AT PMA 2005
PHOTOCHANNEL TO UNVEIL NEW Wi-Fi MOBILE PRINTING AT PMA 2005
PHOTOVU'S NEW 17 INCH WALL-MOUNTED DIGITAL PICTURE FRAME
PNY ANNOUNCES FASTER COMPACT FLASH & SD CARDS AT PMA 2005
PRECLICK PHOTO ORGANIZER WITH HP IMAGING & PRINTING POWER
PRETEC ANNOUNCES NEW 133X SD CARD AT PMA 2005
ROLLEI'S BACK WITH NEW PRO & CONSUMER DIGITAL CAMERAS AT PMA 2005
SAMSUNG INTRODUCES NEW DUOCAM STILL & MOVIE CAMERA AT PMA
SMARTDISK LAUNCHES FOTOCHUTE IMAGE STORAGE DEVICES
SPRINT ENABLES SHARING OF DIGICAM PHOTOS TO MOBILE PHONES
SPRINT & SANYO INTRO MOBILE PHONE WITH 1.3 MEGAPIXEL CAMERA
YESVIDEO INTRODUCES YESDVD DIGITAL SCRAPBOOK FOR PHOTOS
A-DIGITAL-EYE-FORUMS LINK PMA 2005 SHOW COVERAGE BLOG LATEST PMA NEWS BRIEFS & PRESS RELEASES LINK SEE THE SHOW AND NEWS LEADING UP TO PMA IN OUR CES EXCLUSIVE 2005 COVERAGE CES 2005 SPECIAL SHOW REPORT - PART 1 CES 2005 SPECIAL SHOW REPORT - PART 2
- Be Sure to Check out the PMA 2005 Coverage over at our Friends at:
- IMAGING RESOURCE PMA 2005 SHOW COVERAGE
- DP REVIEW PMA 2005 SHOW REPORT
- STEVE'S DIGICAMS PMA 2005 REPORT
- LET'S GO DIGITAL PMA 2005 REPORT
- DIGITALCAMERAINFO.COM PMA 2005 SHOW COVERAGE
Number of visitors since 5/25/2000: